Today’s Memo: 2015 Favorite Beauty Products
I can’t believe we are wrapping up 2015! Christmas was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better day. The excitement of Preston and Nolan from Santa, family visits, and all the generosity from family and friends is something I will always remember. I can’t even complain that it wasn’t a white Christmas! If it’s not going to snow, then 60 degree weather in December is not too shabby.
Over the past few years, I have been subscribing to either Birchbox or Ipsy. Birchbox, in my opinion, tends to be more product based (think cleansers, moisturizers, and perfumes). Ipsy, on the other hand, is heavy on the make up (think eye shadows, lip stick, and liners). I like them both, but currently my favorite is Ipsy. Regardless, with these subscriptions, I’ve come across some beauty products that have stolen my heart. My faves, listed below, are some box favorites, as well as some old standbys. What can’t you live without?
- Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume: If you don’t love heavy perfumes, this one is for you. Fresh, fruity, with a hint of floral. This is one of my go-to perfumes for every day use.
2. Stainiac Lip Stain: This stain is made for lips and cheeks (as a blush alternative). I much prefer stains to lip stick or glosses because there isn’t any stickiness! This is long lasting and layers perfectly with a light balm over top for some added shine.
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream: The older I get, the more I like using a tinted moisturizer! This one in particular evens out my skin tone and gives me the light coverage that I want, unlike a heavy foundation. I apply this over my daily moisturizer for an extra dose of hydration and SPF. Perfect if you are on a budget..
5. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: That being said, if you are looking to splurge, this luminizing tinted moisturizer is the way too go. It’s a nice lightweight formula that leaves you with a perfect sheen.
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I’ve probably tried about a half dozen or so shadow primers, and this one is BY FAR, the best one out there, in my opinion. After applying a small amount of this primer, shadow stays put all day.
7. Revlon Gel Envy Nail Kit: Don’t waste your time with any other polish. This long lasting polish is applied in 2 easy steps – color and top coat. No fuss about it.
8. Crest 3D White Arctic Fresh 946ml Rinse: I love whiter teeth, but sometimes the harsh strips can leave my teeth too sensitive. This whitening mouthwash is a nice alternative.
9. Olay Age Defying Night Face Cream: This cream (along with these) is my nighttime facial routine. I’ve been using it for quite a few years and can’t be happier with it. I love how reasonably priced it is.
10. Smashbox ‘Full Exposure’ Mascara: Finally, my latest obsession. I obtained a trial size of this and quickly it became one of my favorite mascaras. I’ll be back to the store soon for the full size version!