I’m always home infusing hard liquor. In the past, I mostly infused with fruit, however, this past year, I’ve dived into candy, as you saw from my Strawberry Starburst Infused Vodka. This month, I’ve been wanting to make my husband something special for Valentine’s Day. Since he loves spicy (and fun liquors), I thought what more appropriate than Hot Tamale infused whiskey?!? – a perfect gift when placed in a decorative glass jar, such as these.
The Hot Tamale home infused whiskey that goes into this highball is easy to make, but it does take a day or two of planning. The candies take about 24 hours to dissolve in the whiskey. I started with 1 c. of whiskey, which will make 4 highballs. Double or triple this recipe as you please to make the amount of whiskey that you want. It easily stores in an airtight glass container.
- Mason Jar or other glass airtight container
- Measuring cups
- Fine mesh strainer
- 1 c. whiskey – nothing expensive
- 1/3 c. Hot Tamales cinnamon flavored candies = roughly 50 candy pieces
- Ginger ale or other mixer of your choosing such as tonic water
- 1 c. whiskey
- 1/3 c. Hot Tamales cinnamon flavored candies
- 2 c. ginger ale
- Soak the candies in whiskey in a glass jar for about 24 hours. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Mix 2 oz. of the whiskey with 4 oz. of ginger ale and pour over ice.