Today’s Memo: Thanksgiving Day Recipes
With less than a week until Thanksgiving, we know everyone out there is planning their menus! Right?! I will not to be hosting this year, but will be taking along a side dish (Mashed Caramel Apples). Here are our favorite Five to Nine Creation posts that would be a delicious addition to your Holiday table!
- Roasted Garlic Butter: For one, this is amazing on your rolls. But try using this flavored butter in your mashed potatoes. I would not steer you wrong!
2. Cookie Crusted Mini Pumpkin Pies: Quite obviously pumpkin pie is a necessity on Thanksgiving, but these little cookie pies are a great addition to the table.
3. Baked Brie: If your family is anything like mine, the eating starts in the early afternoon with a table full of appetizers. This baked brie is easy, creamy, and delicious. Serve up with crackers, toasted bread, or sliced apples.
4. Mashed Caramel Apples: As mentioned above, this will be my offering this year. This apple sauce is fantastic, and I know my kids will eat it up! This recipe can even be made a day or two in advance!
5. Sautéed Sweet Corn: Come on. We know that corn is one of your favorite veggies! Our creation, with honey and shallots, will be one of your favorites too.
6. Everyday Salad: Freshen up the menu with this great salad recipe. Filled with Gorgonzola, apples, dried cranberries, and candied walnuts, you’ll be asking for seconds!
7. Balsamic Honey Roasted Carrots: It’s hard to go wrong with roasted veggies. These carrots are sweet, savory, and easy – just start with prewashed and cut baby carrots.
8. Crockpot Cinnamon Honey Apples: Free up your time and the oven with this crockpot recipe. Just toss everything together before the crockpot finishes the job.
9. Cheesy Roasted Vegetable Hash: Potatoes, onions, and Brussels sprouts fill this side dish. Already having mashed potatoes? Omit the potatoes and add extra Brussels.
10. Cran-Orange Greek Yogurt Slaw: Another recipe that can be made a day in advance! Light and refreshing, perfect with the heavy Holiday meal.